2008年12月英语四级作文题目： Limiting The Use of Disposable Plastic Bags
• Limiting the Use of Disposal Bags
• These days disposal products often hit the headlines of newspapers and have been brought into focus of the public. Indeed, it is widely accepted that they have gained increasing popularity among people in all walks of life. Taking a look around you, you can find examples too numerous to list: When you walk on the street, you can see plastic bags flying over your head; When you ramble along the river, you can find plastic bottles floating on the water; When you stroll in the park with your lover, you can notice waste paper thrown everywhere.
• Among the most important reasons often cited by people is the quickening pace of modern life. They are often too busy to wash dirty dishes or glasses, as a result they can do nothing but use disposal products. Also playing a part is the improvement of people's life. As a result of the policy of opening and reform, an increasing number of people are much richer than before and can afford disposal products. (原因)
• Admittedly, they might benefit us in a short term. Unfortunately, they will do us harm in more than one way. The major harm is (that) they are sure to pollute the environment. To make matters worse, they are likely to have potential harm to public health. To illustrate this point, I can think of no better example than HP, the river through S. As a result of disposal products in it, the water has caused some diseases in the local people. (影响)
• To sum up, for the factors mentioned before, we can safely reach the conclusion that the prevalence of disposale products is bound to cause a chain of undesirable effects. In view of the present situation, it is high time that the government tried every means to protect the environment. Only in this way, can we have a bright future.