11．M: I just received an Email from one of my former classmates. I was surprised, I hadn’t heard from him for ages.
W: Well, I’ve been out of touch with most of my old friends, only one or two still drop me a line occasionally,
Q: What does the woman mean?
12. M: If you can make up your mind about the color, I can start on the outside of your house early next week.
W: Well, right now I think I want white for the window frames and yellow for the walls, but I’ll let you know tomorrow.
Q: Who is the woman talking to?
13. W: Excuse me, do you have any apartments available for under 500 dollars a month? I need to move in next week when my new job starts.
M: The only vacant one I have is 600 dollars, have you inquired at the apartment complex down the street?
Q: What does the man suggest the woman do?
14. W: You bought a pair of jeans yesterday, didn’t you? What are they like?
M: Oh, they are pretty much like my other ones, except with a larger waist. I guess I haven’t spent much time exercising lately.
Q: What can we infer from the conversation about the man?
15. W: I really like those abstract paintings we saw yesterday. What do you think?
M: I guess it’s something I haven’t acquired a taste for yet.
Q: What does the man imply?
16. W: You haven’t seen a blue notebook, have you? I hope I didn’t leave it in the reading room.
M: Did you check that pile of journals you’ve borrowed from the library the other day?
Q: What is the man trying to say to the woman?
17. M: How about joining me for a cup of coffee?
W: I’d love to, but I’m exhausted. I was up till 3 this morning, writing a paper for my literature class.
Q: Why does the woman decline the man’s invitation?
18. W: You had a job interview yesterday, didn’t you? How did it go?
M: Not too bad, I guess. There were about 20 candidates competing for the sales manager’s job. And finally it was down to three of us, but the other two seemed better qualified.