Part I Listening Comprehension
1. A) The man hates to lend his tools to other people.
B) The man hasn’t finished working on the bookshelf.
C) The tools have already been returned to the woman.
D) The tools the man borrowed from the woman are missing.
2. A) Give the ring to a policeman.
B) Wait for the owner of the ring in the rest room.
C) Hand in the ring to the security office.
D) Take the ring to the administration building.
3. A) Save time by using a computer.
B) Buy her own computer
C) Borrow Martha’s computer.
D) Stay home and complete her paper
4. A) The man doesn’t have money for his daughter’s graduate studies.
B) The man doesn’t think his daughter will get a business degree.
C) The man insists that his daughter should pursue her studies in science.
D) The man advises his daughter to think carefully before making her decision.
5. A) The cinema is some distance away from where they are.
B) He would like to read the film review in the newspaper.
C) They should wait to see the movie at a later time.
D) He’ll find his way to the cinema.
6. A) He’s been to Seattle many times.
B) He has chaired a lot of conferences.
C) He has a high position in his company.
D) He lived in Seattle for many years.
7. A) Teacher and student.
B) Doctor and patient. .
C) Manager and office worker.
D) Travel agent and customer
8. A) She knows the guy who will give the lecture .
B) She thinks the lecture might be informative
C) She wants to add something to her lecture .
D) She’ll finished her report this weekend
9. A) An art museum. B) A beautiful park.
C) A college campus D) An architectural exhibition
10. A) The houses for sale are of poor quality
B) The houses are too expensive for the couple to buy
C) The housing developers provide free trips for potential buyers
D) The man is unwilling to take a look at the houses for sale
11. A) Synthetic fuel B) Solar energy
C) Alcohol D) Electricity
12. A) Air traffic conditions B) Traffic jams on highways
C) Road conditions D) New traffic rules
13. A) Go through a health check B) Carry little luggage
C) Arrive early for boarding D) Undergo security checks
14. A) In a fast-food restaurant B) At a shopping center
C) At a county fair D) In a bakery
15. A) Avoid eating any food
B) Prepare the right type of pie to eat
C) Wash his hands thoroughly
D) Practice eating a pie quickly
16. A) On the table B) Behind his back
C) Under his bottom D) On his lap
17. A) Looking sideways to see how fast your neighbor eats.
B) Eating from the outside toward the middle
C) Swallowing the pie with water
D) Holding the pie in the right position
18. A) Beauty B) Loyalty
C) Luck D) Durability
19. A) He wanted to follow the tradition of his country
B) He believed that it symbolized an everlasting marriage
C) It was thought a blood vessel in that finger led directly to the heart
D) It was supposed that the diamond on that finger would bring good luck
20. A) The two people can learn about each other’s likes and dislikes
B) The two people can have time to decide if they are a good match
C) The two people can have time to shop for their new home.
D)The two people can earn enough money for their wedding
1-10 DCBDA ACBCD
11-20 DABCA BBACB