Directions: In this section, you will hear 10 short conversation. At the end of each conversation. a question wilt be asked about what was said. Both the conversation and the question will be spoken only once. After each question there will be a pause. During the pause, you must read the four choices marked A), B), C) and D). and decide which is the best answer Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
Example: You will hear:
You will read:
A) At thee office.
B) In the waiting room.
C) At the airport.
D) In a restaurant.
From tile conversation we know that the two were talking about some work they had to finish in the evening. This conversation is most likely to have taken place at the office. Therefore, A) "At the office" is the best answer You should choose [A] on the Answer Sheet and mark it with a single line through the centre.
Sample Answer [A] [B] [C] ID]
1. A) Give Bob a phone call.C) Go look for Bob.
B) Go and pick Bob up.D) Wait for Bob.
2. A) She is working in the city.C) Jobs are easier to find in the city.
B) Life in the suburbs is lonely.D) It's less expensive l/ring in the city.
3. A) In a printing shop. C) At a bookstore.
B) At a publishing house.D) In a library.
4. A) The woman be more careful next time.C) The woman find a spare key.
B) They try to think of a solution. D) They come downstairs.
5. A) Sending an e-mail.C) Talking on the phone.
B) Working in an office.D) Doing spelling practice.
6. A) Buy something for the picnic. C) Go shopping with the man.
B) Go for a ride around town.D) Have a picnic.
7. A) The woman misplaced her class permit for biology.
B)The woman arrived for registration too early.
C) The woman missed registration for the biology course.
D) The woman got a wrong class permit.
8. A) The woman likes the weather in New York very much.
B) The woman will stay in New York a long time.
C) The man is planning to visit New York.
D) It's quite cold in New York now.
9. A) The old lady sitting next to the couple likes toys very much.
B) An old lady took the couple’s suitcase for her own.
C) The couple's suitcase was stolen in the restaurant.
D) The man forgot to put the toys in their suitcase.
10. A) She's flying to Hong Kong.
B) She's going to buy an air ticket.
C) She's going to say good-bye to Bill.
D) She's leaving for Hoog Kong with Bill.
Directions: In this section, you will hear 3 short passages. At the end of each passage. you will hear some questions. Both the passage and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A),B),C)and D). Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
Questions 11 to 13 are based on the passage you have just heard.
11. A)They him only retired workers.
B) They each do jobs they are good at.
C) They close the hotel during low seasons.
D) They employ as few workers as possible.
12. A) Staff training.C) Cleaning and washing up.
B) Book-keeping. D) Gardening and flower arranging.
13. A) They have their hotel beautifully decorated.
B) They provide delicious food.
C) They make their guests feel at home.
D) They give parties regularly for their visitors.
Questions 14 to 17 are based on the passage you have just heard.
14. A) To withdraw his deposit. C) To rob the bank.
B) To cash a cheek.D) To get his prize.
15. A) A radio announcerC) A car mechanic.
B) A bank employee.D) A movie actor.
16. A) They let him do what he wanted to.C) They pressed the alarm.
B) They helped him find large bills.D) They called the police.
17. A) He was afraid that be would be caught on the spot.
B) Large bills were not within his reach.
C) The maximum sum allowed was 55,000.
D) He was limited by time and the size of his pockets.
Questions 18 to 20 are based on the passage you have just heard.