－Part Ⅰ Listening Comprehension (20 minutes)Section ADirections:In this section,you will hear 10 short conversations.At the end of each conversation,a question will be asked about what was said.Both the conversation and the question will be spoken only once.After each question there will be a pause .During the pause,you must read the four choices marked A),B),C)and D),and decide which is the best answer.Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.Example: you will hear:
You will read:
A)At the office
B)In the waiting room
C)At the airport
D)In a restaurant Form the conversation we know that the two were talking ablut some work they had to finish in the evening.This is most likely to have taken place at the office.Therefore,A)"At the office"is the best answer.You should choose [A] on the Answer sheet and mark it with a single line through the centre.
Sample Answer [A][B][C][D]
1. A)A math teacher and his colleague. C)A student and his classmate B)A teacher and his student. D)A librarian and a student
2. A)Tony could not continue the experiment B)Tony finished the experiment last night. C)Tony thought the experiment was well done. D)Tony had expected the experiment to be easier.
3. A)She can't put up with the noise. B)She wants to save money to buy a piano. C)The present apartment is too expensive. D)She has found a job a neighbouring area.
4. A)He is not very enthusiastic about his English lessons. B)He has made great progress in his English.C)He is a student of the music department.D)He is not very interested in English songs.
5. A)At home. C)In a car B)In a restaurant. D)On the street.
6. A)His injury kept him at home. C)He was too weak to see the doctor. B)He didn't think it necessary. D)He failed to make an appointment.
7. A)5:15 C)4:30 B)5:10 D)5:008. A)The man needs help. C)The man likes his job. B)The man is complaining. D)The man is talking with his boss.
9. A)Wear a new dress. C)Attend a party B)Make a silk dress. D)Go shopping.
10.A )He played his part quite well. C)He proformed better than the secretary B)He was not dramatic enough. D)He exaggerated his
part.Section B Compound Dictation
注意:听力理解的B节(Section B)为复合式听写(Compound Dictation),题目在试卷二上,现在请取出试卷二.Part Ⅱ Reading Comprehension (35 minutes)
Directions: There are 4 passages in this part Each passage is followed by some questions or unfinished statements.For each of them there are four choices marked A),B),C)and D).You should decide on the best choice and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.Passage One Questions 11 to 15 are based on the following passage.
People living on part of the south coast of England face a serious problem.In 1993,the owners of a large hotel and of several houses discovered,to their horror, that their gardens had disappeared overnight.The sea had eaten into the soft limestone cliffs on which they had been built.While experts were studying the problem.the hotel and several houses disappeared altogether,sliding down the cliff and into the sea.Erosion(侵蚀)of the white cliffs along the south coast of England has always been a problem but it has become more serious in recent years.Dozens of homes have had to be abandoned as the sea has crept farther and farther inland.Experts have studied the areas most affected and have drawn up a map for local people,forecasting the year in which their homes will be swallowed up by the hungry sea.Angry owners have called on the Government to erect sea defenses to protect their homes.Government surveyors have pointed out that in most cases ,this is impossible .New sea walls would cost hundreds of millions of pounds and would merely make the waves and currents go further along the coast ,shifting the problem from one area to another.The danger is likely to continue ,they say ,until the waves reach an inland area of hard rock which will not be eaten as limestone is .Meanwhile,if you want to buy a cheap house with an uncertain future,apply to a house agent in one of the threatened areas on the south coast of England.You can get a house for a knockdown price but it may turn out to be a knockdown home.]
11. What is the cause of the problem that people living on parts of the south coast of England face?
A)The rising of the sea level. B)The experts'lack of knowledge. C)The washing-away of limestone cliffs. D)The disappearance of hotels,houses and gardens.
12. The erosion of the white cliffs in the south of England________. A)will soon become a problem for people living in central England B)has now become a threat to the local residents C)can be stopped if proper measures are taken D)is quickly changing the map of England