Part I Listening Comprehension (20 mi nutes)
Directions:In this section，you will hear 10 short conve rsation s.At the end of each conversation，a question will be asked about what was said .Both the conversation and the question will be spoken only once.After each question there will be a pause.During the pause，you must read the four choices marked A)，B)，C) and D)，and decide which is the best answer.Then mark the corresponding le tter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
Example: You will hear:
You will read: A) At the office. B) In the waiting room.
C) At the airport. D) In a restaurant.
From the conversation we know that the two were talking about some work they had to finish in the evening.This is most likely to have taken place at the office .Therefore，A) “At the office” is the best answer.You should choose［A］on the Answer Sheet and mark it with a single line through the centre.
Sample Answer ［ A ］ ［B］ ［C］ ［D］
1. A) The woman is close friend of the man. B) The woman has been w orking too hard.
C) The woman is seeing a doctor. D) The woman is tired of her work.
2. A) This apple pie tastes very good. B) His mother likes the pie very much.
C) This pie can't match his mother's. D) His mother can't make apple pies.
3. A) Take a walk. B) Give a performance.
C) Listen to the music. D) Dance to the music.
4. A) Read an article on political science.
B) Present a different theory to the class.
C) Read more than one article.
D) Choose a better article to read.
5. A) The woman would understand if she did Mary's job.
B) The woman should do the typing for Mary.
C) The woman should work as hard as Mary.
D) The woman isn't a skillful typist.
6. A) He wants to make an appointment with Mr.Smith.
B) He wants to make sure that Mr.Smith will see him.
C) He wants to change the time of the appointment.
D) He wants the woman to meet him at three o'clock.
7. A) He gets nervous vesily.. B) He is an inexperienced speaker.
C) He is an awful speaker. D) He hasn't prepared his speech well.
8 A) She didn't like the books the man bought.
B) There wasn't a large selection at the bookstore.
C) The man bought a lot of books.
D) She wanted to see what the man bought.
9. A) Buy a ticket for the ten o'clock flight.
B) Ask the man to change the ticket for her.
C) Go to the airport immediately.
D) Switch to a different flight.
10. A) Dr.Lemon is waiting or a patient.
B) Dr.Lemon is busy at the moment.
C) Dr.Lemon has lost his patience.
D) Dr.Lemon has gone out to visit a patient.
Directions: In this section，you will hear 3 short passages .At the end of each passage，you will hear some questions.Both the passage and the questions will be spoken only once.After you hear a question，you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A)，B)，C) and D) .Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
Questions 11 to 14 are based on the passage you have just heard.
11. A) A car outside the supermarket. B) A car at the bottom of the hill.
C) Paul's car. D) The sports car.
12. A) inside the car. B) At the foot of the hill.
C) In the garatge. D) In the supermarket.
13. A) The driver of the sports car. B) The two girls inside the car.
C) The bus driver. D) Paul.
14. A) Nobody. B) The two girls.
C) The man standing nearby. D) The salesman from London.
Questions 15 to 17 are based on the passage you have just heard.
15. A) His friend gave him the wrong key.
B) He didn't know where the back door was.
C) He couldn't find the key to his mailbox.
D) It was too dark to put the key in the lock.
16. A) It was getting dark.
B) He was afraid of being blamed by his friend.
C) The birds might have flown away.
D) His friend would arrive any time.
17. A) He looked silly with only one leg inside the window.
B) He knew the policeman would't believe him.
C) The torch light made him look very foolish.
D) He realised that he had made a mistake.Passage Three
Questions 18 to 20 are based on the passage you have just heard.
18. A) The threat of poisonous desert animals and plants.